Your husband needs hearing protection…
Safety headphones or earphones are great when he works in construction, around the yard or fixing up the house because your husband needs to protect his ears against loud tools. Hearing loss from constant loud noise can cause permanent lifetime loss. Plus, working long hours, it’s nice to be able to listen to sports radio, podcasts or favorite playlists without reaching for your phone or radio. Having wireless radio and Bluetooth enable him to keep wires and cords out of the way, avoiding potential accidents.
Safety Headphones vs. Earpods
Two types of safety headphones with noise-reducing ear protection exist on the market today. The distinct differences are in size, weight, and placement. Let’s do a quick comparison of these three differences to help you make a choice.
|DEWALT DPG15 Industrial Safety Headphones||DEWALT Jobsite Pro Wireless Earphones|
|SIZE: Larger and bulkier but more resitant to wear and tear. Dropping these headphones won’t be cause for concern.||SIZE: Much smaller and easier to wear all day, if over the ear wear is not comfortable, great option.|
|WEIGHT: Heavier, but you know you have them on, versus lighter options that may cause you to forget to remove.||WEIGHT: Much lighter and easier to have as extended wear ear protection, easier to lose.|
|PLACEMENT: Over the ear, sorounds the ear to block out noise, if you are inner ear sensitive, best option.||PLACEMENT: Inside ear blocks out noise, beware if you are inner ear sensitive, closest to eardrum.|
|Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
DEWALT Jobsite Pro Wireless Earphones
Working at a construction site or at home requires safety, not only of hearing loss but of everyday habits like phone calls and listening to your favorite music. DEWALT created a fantastic product that is lightweight and provides comfortable all-day wear. It enables listening to your favorite music as well as being able to take phone calls in the middle of work without having to dig around pockets.
Inner ear headphones are really a preference and can provide substantial noise reduction. Some people do experience inner ear pain when wearing earphones. Sometimes changing the comfort cushions to the correct size and providing the proper fit can help reduce or eliminate discomfort. The benefit of smaller lighter weight earphones can really compound when working all day. Having comfortable lightweight noise reduction, plus your favorite music can make the workday move along faster and make it more enjoyable.
- Comfort Level: No dangling wires, connects to a comfortable flexible neckband.
- Easy Control: Neckband has integrated volume and playback buttons, easy to find.
- Talk Time: With 15+ hour talk time, recharging is minimal and all-day wear is possible.
- Bluetooth 5.0: Connect to your phone to answer calls and listen to favorite music.
- Water Resistant: IPX6 water resistance, no worries about spills or moisture.
- Sound Blocking: Reduce exterior noise levels, extra comfort cushions and fins include for a snug fit.
- Water Resistant: Use this device with the comfort of knowing it holds IPX6 water resistance technology, which allows this product to withstand sweat and moisture
- Long-Lasting Battery: Use this device throughout the day without worry of battery dying, as these earphones hold a unique battery life of 15+ hour talk time
- Bonus Features: Voice prompts allow for easy use with clear indication of successful pairing to devices and fined tuned audio for clear sound
- Wide Compatability: Compatable pairing with Bluetooth 5.0 enabled devices, including iPhone, Andriod, tablets, and desktop computers
DEWALT Industrial Safety Headphones
Completely adjustable and specifically designed for industrial safety, the DEWALT DPG15 is made for work. Designed to help block out loud and discomforting noises from construction sites, airports and daily industrial work, these hearing savers are sturdy and made with quality materials. Unlike the earphones, these headphones come with only an AM/FM radio built-in, which for most purposes is just fine. Simply listening to your favorite radio station or sports talk radio show can help ease the day along. Made to endure punishing work environments, you can toss these headphones into your tool bag and know they will be ready for work the next day.
Over the ear, hearing protection can provide comfortable noise-reduction reliably throughout the day. Completely adjustable to any head size, perfect for yard work, home fixing up and job sites. Let’s breakdown some of the benefits of the DEWALT DPG15 headphones.
- Industrial Design: Made for construction site work, designed to withstand rough work environments
- AM/FM: Listen to your favorite, sports talk radio show, favorite radio station.
- Adjustable Comfort: Easily adjustable to any head size, comfortable all-day wear.
- AUX Input: Has a 3.5mm port to plug in audio devices, caution with wires when working with equipment.
- Industrial Safety Electronic Hearing Muff
Frequently Asked Questions…
No, the DEWALT DPG15 does not include Bluetooth connectivity. It does, however, provide AM/FM radio and AUX 3.5mm port to connect to audio devices.
DEWALT states that a 15+ hour talk time is possible with the Jobsite Pro Wireless Earphones.
The DEWALT Jobsite Pro Wireless Earphones come with Bluetooth 5.0. Connects easily with most current mobile and audio devices.
Yes, DEWALT states that Jobsite Pro earphones are rated IPX6 to ensure elements do not interfere with your audio.
Both headphone and earphone options above provide the much-needed hearing protection. When considering between the two, it really comes down to two major points:
Technology: If your husband absolutely needs to answer phone calls, connect to Spotify or simply need something lightweight, the smaller earphones are a great choice. If your husband doesn’t need or like all the technology and is fine with AM/FM radio, the larger headphones are a great choice.
Inner Ear Sensitivity: Regardless of the technology, if it is painful to wear, then they will not be used. Inner sensitivity does not affect everyone, and sometimes can be resolved by changing the size of the comfort cushions. If your husband does not have inner ear sensitivity, then the smaller earphones are a great choice for both noise reduction and music.