So your husband wants a mini blender…
Several on the market now but we will be focusing on the Magic Bullet and the NutriBullet mini blender systems. Both have benefits and differences in what is included. Since they both make excellent choices, it really comes down to what your needs are and what fits best in your kitchen.
The Magic Bullet Blender System
Its the original, the Magic Bullet blender got its start with late-night infomercials. Selling across the nation, it quickly became a household name. There is a lot to be said about being first to market, they have been creating powerful mini blenders for a long time. Quality of the product, customer satisfaction and longevity of the unit itself is praised by owners of the Magic Bullet.
The Magic Bullet mini blender is an incredibly compact and powerful unit. It takes minimal space on your counter and can easily be unplugged and put away. All easily washable and interchangeable. The cups are dishwasher safe on the top rack and they are very durable. Here are a few great features of the Magic Bullet system.
- Powerful Moter: Magic Bullet comes with a 250-watt motor, powerful to mix and chop.
- Cross Blade: Made from stainless steel, the cross blade cuts through ice easily.
- Universal Cups: Included lids, lip rings, and blade fit all cups, interchangeable.
- Dishwasher Safe: Cups are top-rack dishwasher safe, BPA-free plastic.
The NutriBullet Mini Blender
NutriBullet to mini blenders to the next level. Being the second most popular brand of mini blenders does not come easily. They improved upon what Magic Bullet created and did with high quality and great engineering. Inside the NutriBullet is more than double the power containing a 600-watt motor. With more power comes more size, and a bit more noise. When standing side by side, the NutriBullet is twice the size of the Magic Bullet, depending on your counter or storage space, this may be a problem. Aside from the powerful motor, you receive and extra blade and the cups are different sizes ( two small, one large).
With a more powerful motor, you crunch up smoothies containing ice, nuts, and veggies like kale with no problem. All cups are dishwasher safe, top rack only, and also made of BPA-free plastic. You receive two blades, a basic milling blade, for smaller finer chopping or pulverizing of nuts and such. The second extractor blade does most of the heavy lifting when mixing smoothies and other larger fruits and veggies.
- Powerful Motor: Comes with a 600-watt motor, more than double the power of Magic Bullet.
- Larger Space: NutriBullet is larger than Magic Bullet, almost twice the size.
- Dishwasher Safe: Cups are BPA-free plastic and top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Two Blades: NutriBullet provides two blades, milling, and extractor.
Magic Bullet vs. NutriBullet Comparison
Time to break things down and compare the two units, who will win really depends on what you are looking for. With that in mind, we took a deeper look into what both mini blenders offer and put all out for you to make your choice.
Powerful Motor – Winner NutriBullet
Although very similar, the choice between the Magic Bullet and the NutriBullet comes down to your personal preferences. Obviously, NutriBullet is more powerful, sporting over twice the power ( 600-watt motor ) of Magic Bullet ( 250-watt motor). Having more power can be helpful if you crunch through a lot of veggies and heftier produce. On the flip-side of that is the noise, both are noisy, it’s a blender after all, but larger motors produce more noise.
Space Saver – Winner Magic Bullet
NutriBullet is a larger unit, it takes up more space due to the larger more powerful motor. Depending on your counter and storage space, this may or may not be a problem for you. If you live in a small apartment and or have limited counter space, every inch counts. When using the Magic Bullet, there was never a problem with the power or ability to grind through ice or coffee beans. With small kitchens in mind, the Magic Bullet provides sufficient power for the space it takes.
Cutting Blades – Winner NutriBullet
Picking between both mini blender systems, it came down to versatility. Magic Bullet offers one cross blade with its system, which is definitely enough to do all that one needs. The Magic Bullet cross blade is strong enough to blend just about anything. NutriBullet, however, offers two blades, one for fine milling and the other for powerful blending. If you are a cook or have a regular need to mill down seeds, nuts or coffee, it is nice to have a dedicated blade for that. Instead of relying on one blade to do it all, you can have a dedicated blade for the finer things.
Overall Winner – NutriBullet
If you have space and the extra cash, NutriBullet offers a great mini blender system. Powerful enough to mix just about anything you need, yet offering you the ability to mill fine ingredients for your chef ventures. Yes, you sacrifice a bit more counter space and maybe its a bit more noisy. You don’t intend to buy mini blenders very often, the NutriBullet is built to last and will serve you well.
- The Nutribullet is the fastest, easiest solution for making nutrient- packed smoothies. Load it up with your favorite whole foods like nuts, berries and spinach, then push, twist and blend your way to a healthier lifestyle.
- Powerful 600-watt motor and refined nutrient-extraction blades blend whole foods into liquid fuel for your body - in seconds.
- Hassle-free cleaning - simply twist off the blade, rinse with soap and water, and put the cups in the top rack of the dishwasher. This item comes with a 1 year Limited warranty.
- Note: Refer to user manual before use
- Product built to North American & Canadian Electrical standards
Runner Up – The Magic Bullet
If you have a tiny home, apartment or just lack the counter space, the Magic Bullet is an excellent choice. It will cost you less, take up less space and still can mix and blend a great smoothy. It’s easy to store and clean, you may never need to mill fine powders. If you just need a solid mini blender to mix your morning smoothies, the Magic Bullet is a fantastic choice. It was the first to market as a mini blender, has thousands of great reviews and happy customers. You can’t go wrong with the Magic Bullet.
- 13 piece blender set: Includes blender, additional blender cups, blades, recipe book & more
- The magic bullet chops, mixes, blends, whips, grinds and more. Cups are made out of high-impact plastic
- Effortlessly create your favorite meals and snacks like smoothies, omelets, sauces and dips. 250 watts high-torque power base
- Included recipe book gets you started making quick, easy, and delicious dishes from appetizers to desserts. Add 1/2 cup water for smooth blend for vegetables
Frequently Asked Questions…
The Magic Bullet blender houses a 250-watt motor. It functions well to blend smoothies and can also grind coffee beans or ice.
You receive one cross blade with the small 11-piece set of the Magic Bullet blender system.
The NutriBullet blender system has a 600-watt motor. More than double of the Magic Bullet, which also makes the NutriBullet a bit taller and wider.
Yes, both systems provide BPA-free, top-rack dishwasher safe cups.